Sunday 11 January 2015

What Makes Me Happy

I have been struggling since New Year. This year really hasn't started the way I wanted it to.

To be honest I haven't been in the mind set to think or even do something happy so have put it off. But this week, amongst my madness I realised I was doing something that makes me happy; Drawing.

So thought I would post up what I've done this week and get your opinion. What I usually do is time lapse my pictures so you can see my progress.








And now the finished picture. Took around 9 hours to complete. Originally did this for a friend in mind but sadly they won't be getting it. I, personally, think it's lovely.


Picture number 2.






And now the picture finished. I did this for my chum Ally over at Messed up mum....she's been brilliant this last week, so a little thank you to her.


Picture number 3





And the picture finished. This was just for me.


I've been low but drawing is something I have always found to be therapeutic for me. I time laps my pictures, not only to look and reflect but, to show the progress made. Without a doubt drawing is definitely something that makes me happy.

What do you guys think?


*I've added this to #twinklytuesday because it's something about me for a change. Some thing that makes me happy and one that I'm incredibly proud of.*




Modern Dad Pages




Mummascribbles

24 comments:

Plutonium Sox said...

These are all amazing but I am blown away by the horse one, I love it.x

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks Natalie. That took the least time to do. But I do love it. Have been loving drawing again.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm seriously impressed mate! That's quite some talent! Hope things are on the up for you.

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks!! When I'm down and my heads all over the place it's easy for me to get lost in drawing....knocking them each out 9 hours at a time! I'm starting to get there....still not on top form but much better!

Ally Messed Up Mum said...

I am so in love with my tiger, he is beautiful, thank yo xx

Martyn Kitney said...

Not a problem. In the post for you....cant wait for you to get it! X

Ally Messed Up Mum said...

He is absolutely amazing! So soft yet powerful, the detail is perfect! I love him thank you x

Martyn Kitney said...

Aw love that you see that...exactly what I was going for! So glad you love him! You deserve him. :-) xx

Unknown said...

Oh wow these are fab - you are very talented :)

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks! I do love getting lost in a picture....think I'll try to create a portfolio of my work now. Give me a mini project to work on!

Mummybexm said...

Martyn, these are incredible. Such detail. Well done! A real talent! So you do any drawing on software? I'm always surprised how good they are, too.

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks for commenting Bex! And thanks for the kind words. No never drawn on software....I'd love to give it a try. At the moment I love big drawings like above. Anything on A3+ is great. It allows me to create more detail.

The Plagued Parent said...

Please take the time to draw more!!

Fionnuala said...

These drawings are excellent. Keep at it, especially if it makes you so happy. #twinklytuesday

Lisa (mummascribbles) said...

Wow these are incredible. You are so talented – the horse one is my fave but that might be because I adore horses! I’m glad you’re doing something that makes you happy – it’s important to remember who you are amongst the madness of life! Thanks so much for linking up with #twinklytuesday

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks!! I'll definitely try to do more!

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks and thank you for commenting!! It does just wish I had more time.

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks Lisa! It is important and something that I struggle with from time to time! Will try to keep it up. Glad you liked them. The horse one seems very popular!

Penny Pincher (Dawn) said...

They are fantastic. I really wish I had that talent well done :)

Alan said...

Love the tiger Martyn. Keep on drawing, if it makes you happy!

Martyn Kitney said...

Aw thanks dawn. I'm always proud of my drawings. I can easily get lost in it.

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks Alan. I will do. Going to see if I can get one whole one finished this week and start building my collection up. Keep giving them away lol

Abstract Lucas said...

These are amazing - I'm utterly dumbfounded.

Martyn Kitney said...

Thank you very much! I'm over whelmed by what people think about them! They're just my escape.