Monday 11 May 2015

Out of the Mouth of Babes #4

I do love random conversations with the boys and it always seems to be when I am driving; usually these talks happen in little 15 minute bursts between places.

Recently I picked James up from nursery and on our way home James thought this was the best opportunity to be random:

James: “I don’t like Batman”

(This was a seriously proud moment for a Marvel loving Dad)

Me: “I don’t really like him either; he doesn’t have a real super power”

James sits there nodding like this was something that he had seriously put some thought into.

Me: “If you had a super power what would it be
James: “I would punch animals in the face!”
Me: “Erm…..O.K but that isn’t really a good power to have, it doesn’t really help people”
James: “I know, but it’s because they annoy me”
Me: “Why do animals annoy you?”
James: “They’re not Bwannas”
Me: “Do you mean Piranhas?”

James: “No, Bwannas”
Me: “Iguanas”


James: “No, Bwannas Daddy!”
Me: “What on earth are Bwannas?”
James: “They’re animals that look like Bananas” (Obviously)
Me: “O.K, I don’t think they exist darling”
James: “They do, Google it”

Erm……O.K. So where do I begin?

Should I be concerned that my dear son thinks there is an animal ranking system and the ones that don’t fit the criteria should be punched in the face?

Should I question the fact that my youngest child believes there are animals made solely out bananas?

Or should I be more concerned that my almost 4 year old just told me that I should “Google” something?

Strangely the latter worries me the most!

By the way I Googled it........









Tots100 MAD Blog Awards



Little Hearts, Big Love

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is brilliant! Actually made me giggle!! My four year old turns on her innotab and while she's waiting for it to start up she regularly tells me "it's downloading" lol

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

Lol, I love that you managed to find a picture of a banana animal. Gotta love a child's imagination! Thankfully if he's just limiting himself to punching animals that look like bananas in the face, the vast majority of the animal kingdom should be just fine! Thanks for sharing with #ftmob :-)

Ashley Beolens said...

haha got to love kids, Bwannas sound like pretty cool creatures I will keep my eyes open on my nature walks :)

Martyn Kitney said...

Haha its great what they come out with!

Martyn Kitney said...

Haha the fact that we found the animal was probably the most disturbing bit ;)

Martyn Kitney said...

Please do Ashley....I'd quite like a real life photo ;)

Unknown said...

Ha I love this. Think they are out of cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Martyn Kitney said...

Thanks! I think you're right about the film. *sighs* lol

Kim Carberry said...

hahaha! That made me laugh out loud! Well done for finding a banana animal! x

Maddy@writingbubble said...

Brilliant - bwannas look fantastic, I wonder if our local pet shop sells them?!

Alan said...

Ha ha that's great. Did you ever find out what he was really talking about?

Martyn Kitney said...

Haha thanks Kim! Glad it made you laugh. Cheeky chap. It was surprisingly easy to find it online.....worryingly

Martyn Kitney said...

Ha I think you should check! They do look good.

Martyn Kitney said...

Yeah, I think he was talking about the banana animals from cloudy with a chance of meatballs. .....well I think so at least.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious, I love it!!!!!